Are Realtors Hiring Drone Photographers?

In the competitive world of real estate, agents are constantly looking for ways to stand out from the crowd and attract potential buyers. One strategy that has gained significant traction in recent years is the...

In the competitive world of real estate, agents are constantly looking for ways to stand out from the crowd and attract potential buyers. One strategy that has gained significant traction in recent years is the use of drone photography. While some agents may be hesitant to invest in this technology, the truth is that it can significantly improve their chances of making a sale.

The Realities of Real Estate Photography

It's important to understand that real estate agents are focused on their bottom line, just like any other business. Contrary to popular belief, most agents are not swimming in wealth from fat commission checks. In fact, the 80/20 rule applies in the real estate world, where only 20% of the agents are thriving while the other 80% may be barely surviving. Many agents even have to supplement their incomes with other jobs between sales. This is why it's crucial for them to carefully consider any investment they make, including hiring a drone photographer.

The Importance of Professional Drone Photography

Using drones for real estate photography allows agents to showcase their properties in a way that traditional photography simply cannot. It offers a unique, bird's eye view of the property and its surroundings, providing potential buyers with a comprehensive understanding of the space. By investing in professional drone photography, agents can set themselves apart from the competition and attract more buyers.

are realtors hiring drone pilots? house under canopy of trees House under canopy of trees

The cost of hiring a drone photographer may seem steep at first, but agents need to consider the potential return on investment. By providing high-quality visuals that capture the essence of a property, agents can increase the likelihood of a successful sale. In the end, the value of professional drone photography far outweighs the cost.

The Cost vs. Value of Hiring a Drone Photographer

Every property is unique, and there are situations where the cost of hiring a drone photographer may not be justified. Factors such as the property's location, surrounding environment, and client expectations must be carefully considered. As a drone photographer myself, I've encountered challenges when capturing aerial photos and videos of certain properties. However, by approaching each job with creativity and a thorough understanding of the property's unique characteristics, I've been able to deliver exceptional results.

To illustrate this point, let me share an example. I was once hired to capture a beautiful historic house built in the 19th century. The property was surrounded by massive mature trees, making it nearly impossible to capture the home from a bird's eye view. Despite the challenges, I managed to capture stunning photos and videos by flying the drone from underneath the tree canopy. The agent and client were pleased with the outcome. However, in hindsight, it's clear that this specific job may have been deemed "not worth it" due to the difficulties involved. This highlights the importance of carefully evaluating each property before making the decision to hire a drone photographer.

Factors Involved in Deciding if Drone Photography is Feasible

Determining the cost vs. value of hiring a drone photographer is an ongoing challenge for realtors. With unique properties and different client expectations, it's not always clear how much an agent should invest in drone photography or other marketing efforts. However, by offering creativity in our approach and carefully considering each property, drone photographers can help agents make informed decisions that benefit both their clients and their own bottom line.

In conclusion, the use of drone photography in real estate is not just a trend, but a highly valuable tool that can significantly improve a realtor's chances of making a sale. By investing in professional drone photography, agents can attract more buyers, showcase their properties in a unique and captivating way, and ultimately increase their chances of a successful sale.

1